Sweet Enough

The end of the honeymoon is fast approaching and it is time to move forward with grace and acceptance..."Each difficult moment has the potential to open my eyes and open my heart" ~ Myla Kabat-Zinn

Friday, April 21, 2006

Control Questions

Diabetes......it has been taking up a lot of my thinking time of late. Have I done the right thing stopping the insulin. I realise I have been managing fine without it but as I have said previously over the last four months things are changing and I have started to notice a pattern.

I seem to be fine for 6 weeks and then 6 weeks things will be pretty crappy and then the cycle starts again - does this mean that the honeymoon is coming to an end???? Who Knows????

I have noticed over the last month that I have become very tired and lethargic (thyroid is still borderline so not that) - could this be related to the Diabetes????

Should I consider just going back onto insulin now and getting back into a real routine of things before the honeymoon comes to an end or wait till I crash and burn again. May be that is what I am worrying about - crashing and burning - being in a country town where I still am not sure what would happen if something was to go wrong.

Would taking control of the Diabetes now give me some sort of ultimate control of how things would progress, etc. Or am I best leaving this alone and just waiting to see what happens????

3 Comments:

  • At 2:10 am, Blogger julia said…

    Gah. Blogger ate my comment!

    If you aren't doing it already, I'd start checking your blood sugars. Minimum, I'd do a pre-meal check, breakfast, lunch and dinner, and before bed. Also, I'd do a one- and two-hour post-prandial, to see how your meals react in your body.

     
  • At 3:38 pm, Blogger Carolyn said…

    I did a little bit of that for yesterday (Saturday).

    Fasting one in the morning - 7.9 (142)

    No after Breakfast Reading = No Breakfast

    Before Lunch - 5.4 (97)
    Lunch - Ham & Tomatoe Sandwich

    After Lunch (2 hours) - 9.4 (169)

    Before Dinner - 9.7 (175)
    Dinner - Rice, Chicken and Vegetables

    After Dinner (2 hours) - 14.3 (257)

     
  • At 12:55 am, Blogger julia said…

    some of those are a bit high. I'd speak to your endo about them. IMO, they require some insulin, especially that 175 and 257. The fasting 142 is a bit high. Food is obviously impacting your bg readings.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home