Sweet Enough

The end of the honeymoon is fast approaching and it is time to move forward with grace and acceptance..."Each difficult moment has the potential to open my eyes and open my heart" ~ Myla Kabat-Zinn

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me

Well I have reached the big 3-0.......it got me thinking, I am not one of those people who cares too much about age etc and that it is devastating to reach this age, but I did have things in mind that I would of achieved by the time I was 30.....and I haven't, not even one of them.

By the age of 30 I thought I would be happily married and have one child or have one on the way and would have my own successful podiatry practice. I am very single, definitely no children and not looking like ever having the opportunity to have them, never got to do my degree in podiatry - didn't even complete the degree I was doing.....

One of my friends from high school sent me this beautiful card and she said she had been thinking about what I thought I would of achieved by the age of 30 and she said I might not have achieved that, but you are an amazing friend with a beautiful personality and you have achieved so much just not in the way you had planned and that is ok......and you know what it is ok, but still....

My birthday didn't quite go to plan, was just my Dad and I in the end. My sister, brother-in-law, niece and nephew flew down to Perth to get their house ready to put on the market and my mum got flown down at the beginning of last week for some medical tests and she has been kept in Perth for some further testing....I haven't met to many people up here yet I really do have to get over being so shy......and this cyclone weather has just about done me in I was in bed by 6.30am on Friday night just couldn't handle being in so much pain and just wanted to go hide under the covers.....on the diabetes side of things I found it quite interesting to note that when my pain levels rise my blood sugars rise even though I had nothing to eat and had only been drinking water they still rose......something to think about......

4 Comments:

  • At 9:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday , it's never too late to start studying. The guy who started KFC was 65 when he thought up the idea!

     
  • At 12:31 am, Blogger julia said…

    Happy birthday! Your friend's card sounds really lovely.

    Stress of any kind will raise your blood sugars - when Olivia's sick, hurt or just going thru some stressful stuff, her blood sugars can go thru the roof.

     
  • At 12:51 am, Blogger Andrea said…

    Also, wanted to say Happy Birthday:)...

    I think turning 30 is going to be tough for me too. I thought so much would happen by this time in my life and,quite honestly, not a lot of things have lived up to my expectations.

    Speaking of expectations, I guess we cannot plan when things are going to happen in our lives. I think having too many expectations will only set you up for disappointment, as I'm finding out myself. Instead, I think we need to make live each day to the fullest and let life take care of the rest. Admittedly, I have trouble doing this myself, but I realize that it's something i need to work on.

    Anyway...though your birthday may not have been everything you had hoped it to be, I hope this year brings a lot of good things your way...

    Take care :)

     
  • At 11:35 pm, Blogger julia said…

    I'm still clinging to my 30s, but for the most part, my 30s were pretty freakin' great.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home