Sweet Enough

The end of the honeymoon is fast approaching and it is time to move forward with grace and acceptance..."Each difficult moment has the potential to open my eyes and open my heart" ~ Myla Kabat-Zinn

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Study

After my birthday post, someone left a comment saying that you are never too old to study and I totally agree, but my problem is I can't make up my mind what I want to study.

All my teenage years I wanted to study Physiotherapy, but I knew that with my physical condition that would not be possible, so I looked into Pharmacy, but I suck at chemistry and I mean I really am dreadful at chemistry - I love the concepts and ideas behind chemistry, etc but I just can't get my head around it , so that became out of the question, until someone suggested Podiatry.

Everyone goes EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, but you have to understand I LOVE and ADORE feet and I had it all planned, my business name and I even had the sign design (though little Miss A chewed it but the concept is still there) and was going to introduce alternative practices as well such as reflexology, acupuncture, etc.......I got into University, but just missed the cut to get into Podiatry by 7.6 points so I went into a Bachelor of Life Science in human Biology and after a year I could transfer into Podiatry. I got the marks but at the interview they felt that I would not be able to do it physically I was absolutely devastated - how could they say that, they had no idea of my capabilities and how I can do anything I set my mind too do....anyway that was the end of Uni for me - if I couldn't do what I wanted to do then that was it for me....

Now in my working life it is coming to a stage where I need to go back and do a degree in something and I just can't make up my mind in what. I want it to be something to do with health as that is a passion of mine - I have thought along the lines of nutrition, occupational health and safety and mixing that up with a business degree (though that aspect would bore me to tears but would be advantageous) but the more I look the more possibilities I see then I look at how long it is going to take to actually complete it and is it really worth it....

SIGH it is a tough one.......to study or not to study and if so WHAT??????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home